Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday Thingers

Today's question is about tags- do you tag? How do you tag? How do you feel about tagging- do you think it would be better to have standardized tags, like libraries have standardized subject headings, or do you like the individualized nature of tagging? What are your top 5 tags and what do they say about your collection or your reading habits?

When I started on Librarything I was just looking for a place to keep a log of what I was reading in a given year. Because of this my tags are labeled by year, TBR, ARC, audiobooks, etc. My top tags are TBR and 2008 list.

I really need to go and revise my tagging method and will do this someday but for right now this is what works for me. It's also very easy for me to find things this way. I am amazed at the elaborate tagging methods some people use.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I use to tag, but I got lazy

Anonymous said...

I think what's important is that your tags work for you :) (I know I have tons, but that's what works for me!)